🤓 Who are we?
What started with three operations communities (COO Stories, Ops Stories and COOhort) is now under one roof of Operations Nation.
We learn from each other by discussing challenges and sharing stories, experiences, and advice. Most importantly, we help each other be more effective and grow in our roles. ON Community is your space to share experience and advice, ask/answer questions, grow professionally and expand your network online and offline.
🌍 Where are we?
The world is our oyster 🙂 Most of our members are in the UK, however, we reach as far as the USA, Canada, Spain, Portugal, The Netherlands, Kenya, South Africa, Lithuania, UAE, New Zealand, Australia…
⚙️ How does it work?
- We communicate over Slack (mainly) or Google Groups (in sub-communities).
- Our backbone is the roundtables that are facilitated by our members.
- We organise informal socials and encourage 1-2-1s to ensure that everyone gets to know each other and promote open conversations.
👀 What do we expect from our members?
- Live by ON Community values.
- Suggest a roundtable topic. Each conversation is beneficial to all of our members. Don’t be shy and speak up, we’ll help you organise it. You don’t need to be the subject expert, just bring the questions to fuel the conversation.
- Attend the occasional social. Getting to know the other members will allow you to get more out of the community on a personal and professional level.
- Connect with people. Set up a 1-2-1 to discuss common challenges.
- Respect each other. Everyone is at a different stage of their ops career, but no question is more or less valuable. Sharing knowledge and paying it forward is how we can make ops shine in all companies, not just our own.
- Commit to being part of this community.
- Value that you’re a part of a group of like-minded people.
- Don’t forget to give back.
- Don’t indulge in self-promotion.
💁 How can you get involved?
- We ask you to get involved only if you’re keen to take part in the community actively by participating in online forums or attending community roundtables. If you’d like to take a more passive seat at the table, feel free to follow Operations Nation by subscribing to our newsletter and joining our public events.
- If you’re an operations person, fill out this form to get started. You can also drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.